At ZA-HA, we’re all about recipes that like a guilty pleasure, but with none of the guilt!
It’s been a while since we’ve published a recipe that incorporates seafood so we thought we’d share a delicious tilapia recipe with you this weekend.
Oven Baked Tilapia With Lemon, Dill, and Zaatar Spread
(serves 2 – double the ingredients to serve up to 4 guests!)
- 3/4lb fresh tilapia cut in half
- 2 slices lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 sprigs of dill
- 2 tsp season salt
- 1 cup of your favorite rice (we used white)
- 8oz broccoli
- 2 tbsp ZA-HA Zaatar Spread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit
- Drizzle olive oil over tilapia filets
- Season Tilapia with season salt and lemon pepper
- Place dill sprigs on top of tilapia filets
- Place 1 slice of lemon on top of each tilapia filet
- Place tilapia in oven, bake for 20 minutes
- Cook rice according to instructions
- Steam broccoli using a vegetable steamer (alternatively, you can simply put 1/4 cup water in a pot and place on low heat on your stove-top, place broccoli inside, and cover with lid. Steam for 7-10 minutes)
- Remove tilapia from oven, squeeze lemon juice from lemon slices over each filet
- Spread zaatar spread gently over each tilapia filet
- Season broccoli to taste
This is an excellent summer dish that can be enjoyed at dinner with your family or favorite guests! It’s healthy, tasty, and the zaatar spread adds a unique twist that we’re pretty sure most have never had before!
Try this dish tonight and let us know how it turned out!
As always, thank you for reading and don’t forget to check back next week for more delicious zaatar recipes!