What many people know about the combination of buttermilk and chicken is buttermilk fried chicken. But as amazing as that is, Oven Braised Buttermilk Chicken is even more amazing as it raises the bar. It is also easy to make, and it does not cover your stove with grease. Adding Za-Ha Zaatar spices things up in this recipe. Many people find it difficult to get Za-Ha Zaatar, but you do not need to stress. You can buy it here.
So, let’s get into the recipe.
- Chicken Leg 4 pieces.
- Za-Ha Zaatar 1 TBSP
- Minced Garlic 1½ TBSP
- Buttermilk 4 Cups
- Fresh Thyme Springs 6 pieces
- Salt To taste
- Calcium 312 mg
- Calories 472 kCal
- Carbohydrates 13 g
- Cholesterol 168 mg
- Fat 32 g
- Iron 2.3 mg
- Potassium 632 mg
- Protein 31 g
- Saturated Fat 11 g
- Sugar 11 g
- Vitamin A 545IU
- Vitamin C 1.4 mg
- Spread garlic on the surface of a casserole dish and place the seasoned chicken on the garlic.
- Pour buttermilk on a substantial part of the chicken.
- Season the chicken with salt and sprinkle Za-Ha Zaatar Seasoning evenly all over the chicken.
- Place some fresh thyme springs on it and refrigerate for about 2 to 24 hours. The longer it spends in the refrigerator, the better its taste.
- Before you bake the chicken, make sure you take it out 30 minutes to an hour before that time so that it can be at room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 375oC and place the chicken inside for 20 minutes.
- Increase the heat to 450oC and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes. Just make sure the chicken gets well-cooked and caramelized.
- When serving, make sure the buttermilk sauce covers the chicken.
There is our special oven braised buttermilk chicken with Za-Ha Zaatar. Update your recipe and give your taste bud a nice treat. If you have been looking for Za-Ha Zaatar spread, buy it here.