We’re so excited to share today’s recipe. Now that we’re getting close to summer, it’s finally warming up and we’re ready to start grilling!
We have taken a familiar summer treat and added the ZA-HA twist to it that’ll be sure to take this summer food from ordinary to extraordinary!
Let’s get to it…
Zaatar Ground Chicken Burgers
- 1lb ground chicken
- 3tbsp dry Halabi zaatar seasoning
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh spinach
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 4 buns
- 4tsp zaatar spread
- 4tsp olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, mix together ground chicken and dry zaatar seasoning
- Form 4 patties out of chicken and zaatar mixture
- Pre heat grill on medium-high heat (pre heat for 10-15 minutes)
- Place patties on grill spread 1 tsp of olive oil on top of each patty
- Cook patties for approximately 10 minutes, then flip and cook for 10 more minutes
- Remove patties from grill
- Place each patty on a bun
- Mix together yogurt and zaatar spread in a mixing bowl
- Spread zaatar spread and yogurt mixture on each top and bottom bun, to taste
- top patties with red onion, red pepper, avocado, and fresh spinach
This dish can be served with any of your favorite sides.
For a healthy side dish, serve this up with a simple salad made up of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, croutons, and your favorite dressing!
For a little bit of a cheat meal, you can serve this with your favorite “not so healthy” side dish like French fries, onion rings, or coleslaw!
This recipe is perfect for a warm summer afternoon and is sure to impress your friends and family.
Be sure to check back next week as we continue to publish new recipes every week!
Until next time,
Leave A Comment